Services > Refurb
- Planning and quotations for all refurbishment projects.
- Bespoke vanity units, toilet cubicles and all related joinery requirements.
- Installation of toilets and sanitary ware to suit your needs.
- All related plumbing and electrical works.
- Renovation of bathroom flooring.
- Highly professional decorative finishes and wall tiling.
- All works carried out complying with DDT requirements
The disability discrimination act requires premise owners to make reasonable adjustments to enable people with disabilities to use their premises.
Tew Brothers ltd are experienced in undertaking all works in connection with the DDA requirements. These works have included the following adjustments:
- Providing level access into buildings
- Constructing access ramps and installing handrails
- Installing easy to reach and grab door handles for wheelchair users
- Refurbishing areas to provide colours contrast to walls, floors, ceilings and doors
- Installing lighting systems to help the visually impaired
Recent DDA projects have included:
- Constructing ramps and installing handrails at Falcon House, Winchester
- Conversion of staff toilets into disabled toilets at Whitchurch C of E primary school
- Installing access ramps at NHS Direct, Berrywood Business park, Southampton
- Refurbishment of disabled toilets with contrasting coloured surfaces and the installation of a fully adaptable working kitchen for use by adults with physical and learning disabilities at New Forest Day Services, New Milton
Non Licensed Asbestos Removal
Using licensed contractors to remove non licensed asbestos containing products such as toilet cisterns and floor tiles can be a very costly exercise. Therefore Tew Brothers Ltd has invested into this area to provide a safe cost effective alternative to remove these products.
Our operatives are trained to safely remove and dispose of the following asbestos containing products:
- Toilet Cisterns
- Thermoplastic Floor Tiles
- Textured coatings
- Asbestos cement products such as corrugated roof coverings, cement based tiles
- Asbestos gaskets, rope and bitumous containing materials.
This has proved to be very popular with our local authority clients who have large building portfolios with many asbestos issues in occupied premises such as schools and residential homes.
Recent projects include:
- Removing floor tiles at Ringwood Secondary School, Balksbury Junior School, Capital House, Winchester
- Removal of asbestos cement soffits - Fort Hill Community School
- Removal of artex textured coating - Meadowcroft Residential Home